Jerked chicken, grilled pineapple salad, sweet potato
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Allergens: Soy, wheat, onion
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
Specialised equipment: Char grill pan
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Slice the pineapple into 2cm pieces. Finely chop the red chilli. Finely chop the spring onion whites. Finely chop the thyme. Cut the lime into wedges. Thinly slice the red capsicum.
2. Marinade the chicken and pineapple: Place the chicken in a bowl with the allspice, light soy, chopped chilli, chopped spring onion whites, half of the fried garlic, chopped thyme and a squeeze of lime. Rub the marinade over the chicken including under the skin.
3. Steam the sweet potato: Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Place the sweet potato in a steamer and steam for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Alternatively, the sweet potato can be boiled for 10 minutes.
4. Cook the chicken and pineapple: Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan, barbecue or frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and the pineapple. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes each side until cooked through. Cook the pineapple for one minute each side or until softened.
5. Make the salad: Slice the pineapple into thin slices. Combine the pineapple with the red capsicum and spring onion greens.
6. To serve: Divide the chicken, salad and sweet potatoes between the serving plates. Sprinkle the remaining fried garlic over the jerked chicken.