Hummus, falafel, salad, flatbread
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Chopped soaked chickpeas
Falafel flour mix
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Sesame, wheat, gluten, yeast
Hummus: Ingredient: Chickpeas, tahini (sesame seeds), sea salt, vinegar, citric acid. Contains: Sesame
Falafel flour mix: Ingredients: Flour, spices, baking powder, salt. Contains: Wheat, gluten
1. Prepare the produce: Halve and slice the cucumber. Finely dice the tomato. Slice the coriander. Finely dice half of the onion and slice the other half. Cut the flatbread into wedges.
2. Cook the falafel: Place the chickpeas, diced onion, some of the coriander and the flour mix into a mixing bowl. Mix well. Squeeze the mixture with your hands to bring out the moisture in the onion. Add a splash of water if needed. Press the mix firmly into balls. Make three to five per person. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the falafels in batches, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown on both sides. Remove from the pan.
3. Make the salad: Combine the tomato, cucumber, sliced onion and remaining coriander in a bowl.
4. Heat the flatbread: Heat the flatbreads directly over a gas flame, or in an oven, until soft and warmed through.
5. To serve: Spread the hummus onto a serving plate. Top with the salad and the falafels. Serve with the flatbread.