Hummus, chicken, matbucha, Israeli salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Chicken maryland fillet
Matbucha sauce with chickpeas
Pita (use ½ supplied)
Cucumber (use ½ supplied)
Tomato (use ½ supplied)
Red onion (use ⅓ supplied)
Dill (use ½ supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Frying pan, knife, chopping board, bowl
ALLERGENS: Onion, sesame, wheat, gluten, yeast
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Dice the cucumber, tomato and onion into 1cm pieces. Pick the dill leaves. Slice the chicken into 1-2cm slices.
2. Cook the chicken: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle a little salt. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until lightly coloured. Add the matbucha sauce and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Make the salad: Meanwhile, combine the tomato, cucumber and onion in a bowl. Drizzle a little oil and a pinch of salt over the salad.
4. Heat the pitas: Warm the pitas on a preheated frying pan, in an oven or directly over a gas flame. Cut in half.
5. To serve: Swirl the hummus on the plate. Place the chicken mix on the plate. Top with the dill. Serve with the pitas and salad.