Honey chicken stir fry with broccoli & jasmine rice
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Chicken maryland fillets
Light soy sauce
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, sugar
ALLERGENS: Wheat, soy, onion
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the capsicums and onions. Remove the ends from the snow peas. Separate the broccoli florets. Dice the chicken into large pieces.
2. Cook the rice: Place the rice in a bowl and wash with cold water 3 times. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve.
3. Make the honey sauce: Combine the honey, light soy, 2 teaspoons of sugar per person, and a splash of water in a bowl and mix well to dissolve the sugar.
4. Cook the honey chicken: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add the onion and capsicum and cook for another minute. Add the snow peas and broccoli and toss to combine. Pour in the honey sauce. Cook until the sauce coats all the ingredients.
5. To serve up: Divide the rice and honey chicken between serving plates.