Grilled tofu, nasi ulam, cucumber
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Coconut and turmeric paste
Lemongrass, coconut and peanuts
Cucumber (use ½ supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Lined baking tray, saucepan, sieve or colander, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, nuts, wheat, gluten, soy
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, nuts
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the spring onions. Slice the coriander. Finely dice the cucumber. Lightly dust the tofu with the flour.
2. Cook the tofu: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the floured tofu to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden all over. Remove any excess oil and add half of the coconut and turmeric paste. Stir to coat the tofu in the paste.
3. Cook the rice: Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked, strain the rice through a sieve. Stir a spoonful of the coconut and turmeric paste through the rice.
4. Make the nasi ulam: Combine the rice with the coriander, spring onions and cucumber. Top with half of the lemongrass, coconut and peanuts
5. To serve: Divide the tofu between the serving plates. Top with the remaining lemongrass, coconut and peanut mix. Serve with the nasi ulam rice.