Grilled lamb with garlic rice stuffed capsicum & tomato salsa
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt, vinegar (white or white wine) olive oil
Allergens: Onion, garlic
Specialised equipment: Char grill pan or BBQ (optional)
Note: In Chile lamb is often used in Asado.
1. Preheat a char grill pan or barbecue.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Grate the carrots. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Finely chop the tomatoes. Finely chop the chilli. Finely chop the coriander. Finely chop the spring onions on a diagonal. Cut the lemon in wedges. Cut the capsicums in half and remove the seeds and membrane. Flatten the lamb, either by cutting or pressing, so it is of an even thickness.
3. Make the garlic rice: Place the rice in a bowl and wash with cold water 3 times. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve.
Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and cook the garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the carrots and cook for a further 3 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Add the cooked rice and stir to combine.
4. Cook the lamb : Drizzle a little oil and sprinkle a little salt over the lamb. Add the lamb to the preheated char grill pan (or frying pan or barbecue). Cook the lamb for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat and rest for 5 minutes. Just before serving, thickly slice the lamb.
5. Cook the capsicum and grill lemon: Rub oil on the outside of the capsicums. Place on the preheated char grill pan (or frying pan or barbeque). Cook the capsicums for 4 minutes on each side, or until soft and char marks are seen.
Rub a little oil on the lemon and grill cut side down onto the hot char grill pan or frying pan for 4 minutes or until even char lines are seen.
6. Make the pebre salsa: Place the tomatoes, chilli, spring onions, coriander, juice of half the lemon and a splash of vinegar into a bowl and mix to combine. Season to taste.
7. To serve: Divide the lamb, garlic rice and pebre salsa between serving plates and serve with the grilled lemon.