Grilled chicken, spiced rice
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 30 MINS
Chicken (use all)
Spice mix (use all)
Mint yogurt (use all)
Dried fruit, nuts and seeds (use all)
Rice (use all)
Garlic (½ of supplied)
Broccoli (use all)
Cucumber (use all)
Lemon (⅓ of supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized saucepan, Medium sized frying pan or char grill or barbecue, Chopping board, Knife, Strainer or colander
PANTRY STAPLES: : Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, dairy, almond, pistachio, sesame
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
2. Cook the chicken: Heat the grill pan, or frying pan, or barbecue. Oil the chicken and place on the grill pan. Cook for 5 minutes per side. Place the pan in the preheated oven (or transfer onto a baking tray). Cook for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Cook the rice and broccoli: Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water and boil for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Halve the broccoli, place in a steamer. Steam, covered, for another 4 minutes over the rice, or until the broccoli is slightly softened and the rice is cooked through. When cooked strain the rice through a sieve. Fluff with a fork, cover with a tea towel and set aside.
4. Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Quarter the cucumber lengthwise, remove the seeds and dice finely. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Roughly chop the partially cooked broccoli.
5. Make the yogurt and cucumber salad: Combine the cucumber with the mint yogurt.
6. Finish cooking the chicken: Combine the spice mix with a splash of oil and the garlic. Place the cooked chicken on a plate with the spice marinade. Rest for a couple of minutes then place it back onto the grill pan, or frying pan over high heat. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes to reheat and cook the garlic slightly.
7. Get ready to serve: Mix most of the fruit, nut and seed mix into the rice. Combine the broccoli with some of the marinade the chicken was resting in, the remaining fruit, nut and seed mix and a squeeze of lemon.
8. To serve: Divide the rice, broccoli and chicken between the serving plates. Drizzle with any remaining chicken marinade. Serve with the yogurt and cucumber salad.