Gnocchi with pumpkin, spinach, sage & browned butter
WRITTEN RECIPE AND DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt, black pepper
ALLERGENS: Gluten, dairy, wheat
Gnocchi: Ingredients: Potato, water, plain flour, butter. Allegerns: Dairy, gluten, wheat
1. Preheat oven to 200C fan forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Peel and dice the pumpkin into approximately 2cm cubes. Pick the sage leaves. Grate the parmesan.
3. Roast the pumpkin: Drizzle a little oil and sprinkle a little salt over the pumpkin cubes. Place on a lined baking tray. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, turning once, or until browned slightly and tender.
4. Make the sage browned butter: Heat the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until the milk solids become golden brown and the butter smells nutty. Immediately add a splash of cooking oil and the sage leaves. The sage leaves will quickly become crisp. Remove from the heat.
5. Cook the gnocchi: Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi. Cook for 3 minutes or until the gnocchi rises to the surface. Taste one to check that it is cooked to your liking. Strain through a sieve. Toss the gnocchi through the sage butter over medium heat. Add the spinach leaves to soften.
6. To serve: Divide the gnocchi between serving plates. Top the gnocchi with the roast pumpkin, parmesan and a sprinkle of black pepper.