Ginger caramel chicken, lime & chilli peanuts
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 15 MINS
Chicken Maryland fillet, skin on
Ginger caramel sauce
Lime and chilli peanuts
Spring onion (⅓ of supplied)
Cucumber (½ of supplied)
Carrot (⅓ of supplied)
Butter lettuce (⅓ of supplied)
Mint (½ of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium frying pan, heat proof bowl, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Peanut, garlic, onion, shellfish
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Slice the carrots and cucumber into matchstick-sized pieces. Pick the mint and coriander leaves. Thinly slice the spring onions on the diagonal. Separate the lettuce leaves.
2. Cook the chicken: Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, turning once, for 6 minutes or until cooked through and the skin is crisp. Remove and rest on a paper towel. Slice thickly.
3. Make the salad: Mix the carrot, cucumber, half of the mint and half of the spring onion together. Mix with half the peanuts and a little of the ginger caramel sauce.
4. To make the rice paper rolls (optional): Fill a large bowl with warm water and dip one sheet of rice paper in the water until it softens slightly, then lay it flat on a tea towel. Place some of the chicken, herbs and salad in the centre. Fold the ends into the centre over the filling, then roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining rice paper sheets, chicken, herbs and salad. Serve with the remaining nuts and ginger caramel sauce.
5. To serve as a salad: Divide the salad between serving bowls. Top with the chicken, remaining nuts and ginger caramel sauce.