Garlic lamb rump with capsicum & walnut dip & Lebanese fattoush
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE SOON.
Baby cos lettuce
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
Allergens: Garlic, wheat, gluten, yeast, nuts (walnut)
1. Preheat the oven to 140C fan forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the radish. Halve the cucumbers lengthwise then thinly slice. Quarter the lettuce. Thinly slice the garlic. Pick the mint leaves. Quarter the lemon.
3. Dry the pita: Place the half the pita onto a lined baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven for 8 minutes or until the bread is dry and crisp. Remove from the oven and break into smaller pieces.
4. Make the salad: Combine the lettuce, radish, cucumbers, mint and half of the sumac in a bowl. Squeeze half of the lemon over the salad and season to taste. Mix through the dried pita right before serving.
5. Cook the lamb: Season the lamb with salt. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the lamb for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Just before removing the lamb from the pan, add the garlic into the pan juices. Spoon the juices and the garlic over the lamb to infuse the garlic flavour for about 1 minute. Remove the lamb from the pan and rest for 5 minutes then slice thickly.
6. To serve: Spread the muhammara over the serving plate. Top with the lamb and salad. Sprinkle the remaining sumac over the dish. Serve with the remaining fresh pita and remaining lemon wedges.