Ful medemes, mixed lentils, egg, pita
WRITTEN RECIPE AND DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
Ful medames lentils
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, sesame, wheat, yeast, gluten
Ful medames lentils: Ingredients: Green lentils, brown lentils, chickpeas, garlic, spices, olive oil, tahini, citric acid, salt. Contains: Garlic, sesame
Tahini: Ingredient: Sesame, salt, citric acid. Contains: Sesame
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
2. Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Dice the onions. Slice the capsicums. Dice the tomatoes. Roughly chop the parsley.
3. Make the ful medames: Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and capsicum for 2 minutes. Add the ful medames lentils. Bring to the boil, add a little water if needed. Remove from the heat. Make dents in the lentils and crack an egg into each dent. Season the eggs. Place the frying pan into the oven. Cook for 5 minutes or until the eggs are set.
4. Heat the pita: Heat the pita directly over a gas flame or in the oven for 1 minute or until warmed and softened.
5. To serve: Serve the ful medames directly from the frying pan. Top with the tomato and parsley. Drizzle with the tahini. Serve with a lemon wedge and the flatbread.