Ful medames - Pita with egg, tomato salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Ful medames lentils
Tahini (⅓ of supplied)
Capsicum, any colour
Parsley (½ of supplied)
Red onion (⅓ of supplied)
Tomato (½ of supplied)
Lemon (½ of supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium saucepan, Medium frying pan, Chopping board, Knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Sesame, onion, wheat, yeast, gluten, garlic
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly. When cooking for 4 or 6 you may need to use a large baking tray.
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
2. Make the ful medames: Wash the vegetables. Dice the onion. Remove the cheeks from the capsicums and slice. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and capsicum for 2 minutes. Add the ful medames lentils with a little water if needed. Bring to the boil. Remove from the heat. Make dents in the lentils and crack an egg into the dents. Season the eggs. Place the frying pan into the oven. Cook for 5 minutes or until the eggs are set.
3. Make the salad: Meanwhile, dice the tomato. Roughly chop the parsley. Combine the tomato and parsley. Loosen the tahini with a little water, if desired.
4. Heat the pita: Heat the pita directly over a gas flame or in the oven for 1 minute or until warmed and softened.
5. To serve: Serve the Ful medames directly from the frying pan. Top with the tomato and parsley salad, the tahini, a lemon wedge and the pita.