Tumeric fish cakes, cucumber salad, bean sprouts
PLEASE NOTE VIDEO IS OLD CONTENT AND TO BE USED AS A GUIDE - REFER TO WRITTEN AND PDF RECIPES BELOW.
1. Blue grenadier
2. Turmeric seasoning paste
3. Nuoc Mam dressing
6. Sweet potato
10. Bean sprouts
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1. Medium sized pot
3. Medium sized pan
4. Chopping board
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil
2. Wrap your sweet potato in foil, then roast them for 30–40 minutes. Once cooked, remove skin and set aside to cool.
3. Wash your rice three times. This will remove excess starch and give you perfect, fluffy rice every time. Boil rice in prepared water for 8 minutes.
4. Thinly slice the shallots.
5. To prepare the fish cake, remove the skin and dice the fish into little pieces. Transfer it to a bowl along with the sweet potato, flour, shallots and seasoning paste. Combine all ingredients uing a spatula.
6. Wet your hands and divide the mixture into balls and press them into patties.
7. Heat a splash of your preferred oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook the patties for 2.5 minutes on each side, or until golden. Once they are ready, turn the heat off and leave them in the pan to let the residual heat keep them moist..
8. Roughly chop the cucumber and lettuce, then transfer them to a bowl and dress with the provided nuoc mam dressing (reserving a little dressing for plating up.
9. To serve, begin with the rice and some salad. Add the fish cake and finish with a drizzle of nuoc mam sauce on top.