CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL
- Black lentil mix
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan-forced. Line a baking tray with paper and set aside.
- Preheat a pan over a medium heat.
- Cut the eggplants into 1cm thick rounds. Add a generous splash of your preferred oil to the preheated pan and cook the eggplants in batches for 1-2 minutes each side, adding more oil when needed. Season to taste as you go. Transfer the cooked eggplants to a plate.
- Roughly chop the red capsicum and beans. Add more oil to the pan and cook them for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- To prepare the moussaka, begin with a layer of eggplant slices on the bottom followed by a layer of the lentil and tomato mix. Repeat this process once, then add a layer of capsicum and beans. Add another layer of eggplant slices, then finish with a layer of béchamel and cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the salad, peel the orange and cut out the segments. Roughly chop some oregano and combine. Dress the simple salad with some olive oil and season to taste.
- To plate up, place the moussaka on to the plate followed by some orange salad on the side.
For downloadable pdf version, click here.