CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL
Lentil and tomato mix
Orange (½ of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Lined baking tray, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Wheat, gluten, onion, garlic, dairy
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
Due to a seasonal variation we have sent green capsicums and green beans in this box.
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
2. Cook the eggplant: Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the eggplant, in batches, for 2 minutes per side or until soft. Season lightly. Add more oil to the pan, if needed. Remove from the pan and place onto absorbent paper.
3. Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Cut the capsicums into slices and remove the stems from the beans. Add into the hot frying pan. Cook, over high heat.
4. Make the moussaka: Lay a third of the eggplant onto the baking tray. Top with the lentil and tomato mix. Layer another third of the eggplant on top. Then later the beans and capsicums. Finish the dish with one more layer of eggplant and spread the bechamel over the top and sprinkle with the cheese. Place into the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dish is heated through.
5. Make the salad: Cut the skin from the orange and remove the orange segments by cutting either side of the pith. Chop the oregano and combine with the orange and a little salt and olive oil.
6. To serve: Place the moussaka onto a serving plate, serve with the orange and oregano salad.