Doner lamb kebab, garlic yogurt, sumac
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Cumin and coriander
Allergens: Garlic, dairy, onion, dairy, wheat, gluten, yeast
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
Specialised equipment Lined baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice half of the onions. Finely chop the remaining half of the onions. Finely chop half the parsley. Roughly chop the remaining parsley. Thinly slice the lettuce. Finely chop or crush the garlic.
3. Make the kebab: Combine the lamb mince, finely chopped onions, garlic, finely chopped parsley, sweet paprika, cumin/coriander mix and a good pinch of salt. Mix well with your hands. Shape the doner kebab into a sausage like shape.Place onto a lined baking tray. Cook the doner kebab in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through and browned all over. Rest for 5 minutes and then slice thinly.
4. Make the tomato and sumac salad: Combine the sliced onions and sumac in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Using your hands rub the salt into the onions and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the tomato wedges into the bowl. Mix to combine.
5. Heat the laffah: Heat and soften the laffah directly over a gas flame, in a frying pan or in the oven.
6. To serve: Divide the warmed laffah between the serving plates. Top with the sliced doner kebab, tomato and sumac salad, remaining parsley and the lettuce. Serve with the yogurt.