Dill & mustard crusted salmon with carrot & potato fritter & green beans
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
READY IN: 25 MINS
Dutch cream potato
Allergens: Fish, onion
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
Specialised equipment: Absorbent paper
1. Preheat the oven to 140C fan forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Grate the carrots. Peel and grate the potatoes. Thinly slice the shallots into rounds. Trim the ends from the beans and halve. Finely chop the dill.
3. Cook the fritters: Place the grated carrots and potatoes in a bowl, combine with a good pinch of salt and leave for 2 minutes. Squeeze all the water out of the potato mixture. Split the mixture into even portions per person and shape into a round puck shape, about 1 cm high. Heat a good splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 fritter at a time to the pan (you can cook a few at a time, just leave yourself enough space for flipping). Cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through and the bottoms are crisp, using a metal spatula to carefully flip them. Drain on a paper towel. If you are cooking in batches, add more oil if necessary.
4. Cook the salmon: Meanwhile, place the salmon, skin side down, onto a lined baking sheet. Spread the dijon mustard over the top of the salmon and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from the oven and press some dill onto the mustard.
5. Cook the beans: Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the beans in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and wash under cold water to cool. Combine the cooled beans in a bowl with the remaining dill and the shallots.
6. To serve : Divide the salmon, the fritters and the bean salad between serving plates. Finish off each dish with a drizzle of olive oil.