Crispy egg, eggplant, chilli jam, noodles
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Snake beans (½ supplied)
Kaffir lime leaves
YOU’LL NEED: Large frying pan, medium saucepan, colander or sieve, knife, chopping board
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, wheat, gluten, egg
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Prepare the produce: Wash all the vegetables. Slice the snake beans into 5cm pieces. Thinly slice the kaffir lime leaves (see the video for more detailed instructions).
2. Char the eggplant: Place the eggplant directly onto a gas flame (or in a hot oven) for 5 minutes to cook through and blister. Remove the skin and place onto the serving dish with most of the chilli jam.
3. Cook the noodles and Chinese broccoli: Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Place the noodles in the water. Cook for one minute then add the Chinese broccoli and snake beans. Cook until the noodles and broccoli are ready. Rinse through a sieve to wash off any remaining starch.
4. Cook the egg: Heat some oil in a frying pan over high heat. Carefully break the egg into the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes spooning the oil over the egg.
5. To serve: Divide the noodles, eggs, snake beans and Chinese broccoli between the serving bowls. Serve with the remaining chilli jam on the side.