Chicken burrito, rice, beans, red tomato salsa
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 15 MINS
Chicken Maryland fillet
Red tomato salsa
Large flour tortillas
Avocado (½ supplied)
Tomato (½ supplied)
Coriander (½ supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium saucepan, large frying pan, knife, chopping board, colander or sieve
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, gluten, wheat
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Cook the rice: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water, boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop rice from sticking. When cooked, strain rice through a sieve. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
2. Cook the chicken: Slice the chicken thinly, place in a bowl with a little of the tomato salsa. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Reheat beans: Place beans in a the frying pan to reheat.
4. Make the guacamole: Finely chop the avocado, tomato, onion and half of the coriander. Combine all ingredients with a little of the salsa.
5. Assemble the burrito: Heat the tortilla over an open flame or in a frying pan. Combine the rice and beans. Lay the tortilla on a board. Place some of the chicken, rice and beans, salsa and guacamole in the centre. Fold the ends into the centre over the filling, then roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve with remaining salsa and guacamole.