Coconut & turmeric barramundi curry
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW. CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Goan curry paste
Long green chilli
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, fish
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the onion. Cut the tomato into thin wedges. Slice the chilli into thin rounds. Cut the lime into wedges. Pick the curry leaves from the stem. Combine the fish, a pinch of salt and half the turmeric in a small bowl.
2. Cook the curry: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add half of the onion, cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until the onion is browned. Add the curry paste, remaining turmeric and curry leaves cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the coconut cream and half of the tomato and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add water if needed while cooking. Season to taste.
3. Cook the rice: Place the rice in a bowl and wash with cold water 3 times. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve.
4. Make the tomato and chilli salad: Place the remaining onion in a bowl, sprinkle with a little salt and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Add the remaining tomato and chilli. Squeeze a little lime over the salad.
5. Cook the fish: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the barramundi skin side down. Put a piece of baking paper on the fish and place a weight on top, such as a plate or bowl. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes,or until the skin is crisp and releases from the pan. Remove the weight and baking paper. Gently flip the fish and continue cooking on the other side for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the fish from the pan.
6. To serve: Divide the rice, curry and fish between serving plates. Serve with the tomato and chilli salad and remaining lime wedges.