Chorizo & avocado sandwich with mayonnaise, tomato & pickled cabbage
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt, vinegar; white or white wine
Allergens: Wheat, gluten, onion, yeast, egg, dairy
Specialised equipment: Char grill pan
1. Preheat a char grill pan
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Very thinly slice the cabbage. Cut the tomatoes into dice. Thinly slice the spring onions on the diagonal. Roughly chop the coriander. Cut the avocado into slices.
3. Prepare the cabbage: Combine the sliced cabbage with a pinch of salt and a splash of vinegar in a bowl; mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes to pickle slightly and then squeeze to remove excess liquid.
4. Cook the chorizo: Drizzle a little oil over the chorizo. Cook the chorizo on a frying pan for 10 minutes until almost cooked through. Halve lengthwise and return to the hot grill, place a heavy weight on top and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
5. Toast the bread: Halve the bread and drizzle a little oil over the cut side. Place the cut side down onto the pan, place a heavy weight on top and cook for 2 minutes to lightly char and warm through.
6. To serve: Divide the mayonnaise on the bottom of the baguette then top with the cabbage, chorizo, avocado, tomatoes, spring onions and coriander.