Chicken wings, nasi ulam, cucumber
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Coconut and turmeric paste
Lemongrass, coconut and peanuts
Cucumber (use ½ supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Lined baking tray, saucepan, sieve or colander, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, nuts
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Preheat the oven to 210C fan forced.
2. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the spring onions. Slice the coriander. Finely dice the cucumber.
3. Cook the chicken: Combine the chicken with half of the coconut and turmeric paste. Place the chicken on a baking tray. Place in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes and cook until brown and cooked through.
4. Cook the rice: Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked, strain the rice through a sieve. Stir a spoonful of the coconut and turmeric paste through the rice.
5. Make the nasi ulam: Combine the rice with the coriander, spring onions and cucumber. Top with half of the lemongrass, coconut and peanuts
6. To serve: Divide the chicken wings between the serving plates. Top with the remaining lemongrass, coconut and peanut mix. Serve with the nasi ulam rice.