Chicken Schwarma, pita, garlic dip
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
Chicken maryland fillet
Shawarma spice mix
Allergens: Wheat, gluten, yeast, onion, garlic
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt, vinegar: white, white wine or red wine (optional)
NOTE: We have included a recipe to pickle the onion, this is optional. The recipe will work just as well with raw onion.
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Cut the tomato and cucumber into a small dice. Cut half of the onion into thin wedges. Cut the remaining onion into a small dice. Thinly slice the parsley. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Combine the chicken, shawarma spice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl; mix well.
2. Make the pickled onion: Place the onion wedges in a small bowl with a pinch of salt, half a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of vinegar; mix very well. Set aside for five minutes, then pour off excess liquid.
3. Cook the chicken: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over high heat; cook the chicken, in batches, for five minutes or until cooked through and fragrant.
4. Make the salad: Combine the tomato, onion, cucumber and parsley in a bowl.
5. Heat the flatbread: Heat the flatbread directly over a gas flame, in a frying pan or in the oven until soft and warmed through.
6. To serve: Divide the flatbread between the serving plates. Top with the garlic sauce, chicken, salad and pickled onion.