Chicken schnitzel, mustard mash, zucchini, asparagus & dill salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Chicken schnitzel (use all)
Mustard butter (use all)
Red desiree potato (use all)
Zucchini (use all)
Asparagus (use all)
Dill (use ½ supplied)
Lemon (use ½ supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized saucepan, medium sized frying pan, chopping board, knife, strainer or colander, whisk
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Dairy, gluten, yeast, wheat
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
Please note that we have sent two types of potatoes in the box. Use the RED ones for this dish.
1. Prepare the mash: Wash all the vegetables. Peel and grate the red desiree potato. Place the grated potato in a sieve or colander and rinse off the starch. Place the grated potato in a saucepan with some water (approximately 1/3 cup per person). Cook over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes until the potato is soft. If there is too much water left ,reduce in the pan by boiling the potato mix. Add 3/4 of the mustard butter to the potatoes. Combine the mustard butter and potato with a whisk or spoon to form the mash.
2. Make the salad: Grate the zucchini. Combine the zucchini, a little salt and juice of half the lemon in a mixing bowl and set to the side. Remove the woody ends of the asparagus and cut them into 5cm pieces. Pick the leaves off the dill. Finely chop half of the dill.
3. Cook the schnitzel: Heat a large splash of oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add the schnitzel and cook each side for 3 minutes or until cooked through and the crumb is golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the asparagus and cook 1 minute or until just softened. Coat the asparagus with the remaining mustard butter.
4. Finish the salad: Combine the asparagus with the zucchini and the finely chopped dill.
5. To serve: Divide the mash between the serving plates. Top with the schnitzel and the salad. Serve with a wedge of lemon and remaining dill.