MASTERCLASS INGREDIENT BOX RECIPE | COOK: 15MINS
1. Marinated chicken
2. Satay sauce
3. Bok choy
4. Thai basil
5. Fried shallot and peanut mix
1. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. We will be using this to boil the rice and steam the bok choy.
2. Rinse the rice in a bowl or colander three times, this will avoid the rice sticking together – giving you perfect, fluffy rice. Once rinsed, boil the rice for 8 minutes.
3. In a pan heat a splash of your preferred oil on a medium heat, then add the marinated chicken to the pan skin side down.
4. While the chicken is cooking, cut the leaves of the bok choy off and quarter the stems. Rinse the bok choy and Thai basil under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
5. Add the bok choy stalks to the steaming basket and steam for 2 minutes.
6. Once the chicken is nicely browned, flip it to ensure it gets an even cook and colour. Add the extra satay sauce and reduce heat to low. Baste the chicken with the satay sauce and ensuring it doesn’t over reduce. The sauce should thicken and visibly split.
7. Remove the bok choy stalks from the steaming basket and set aside. Add the bok choy leaves to the steaming basket and steam for 30 seconds.
8. Stain the rice and transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
9. To plate up, lay the bok choy leaves flat on the plate. Place the chicken on top, spooning the extra sauce onto the chicken.* Next, add the bok choy leaves to the plate and garnish with the shallot and peanut mix and Thai basil leaves.
10. Serve the rice in a bowl for the table to share.
*If the sauce has reduced too much add a little water to bring it back to the desired texture.
Vegetarian: Smoked cauliflower is provided. Heat up in the pan and use as per the recipe.
Please note this recipe contains peanuts, gluten (soy sauce) and fish sauce.