Chicken Milanese, fennel & orange salad
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Red wine vinegar
Long red chilli
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, olive oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Wheat, gluten
SPECIALISED EQUIPMENT: Absorbent paper, optional
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Cut the green stalks off the fennel, if attached. Pick the fronds from the green stalks. Thinly slice the fennel bulb. Peel and cut the orange into thin segments. Slice the chilli into thin rounds. Roughly chop the parsley.
2. Cook the Milanese : Add a large splash of oil into a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the schnitzel for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel before serving. Slice the Milanese thickly.
3. Make the dijon mustard dressing: Place the mustard, red wine vinegar and a splash of olive oil in a bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Make the fennel and orange salad: Place the dijon mustard dressing, orange, fennel, parsley and chilli in a bowl and mix to combine.
5. To serve: Divide the schnitzel between serving plates, serve with the fennel and orange salad.