Chicken Milanese, crushed potatoes, peperonata
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL
Salsa verde base
Brown onion (1/2 of supplied)
Potatoes (1/2 of supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: 2 Medium sauce pans, medium frying pan, strainer or colander, chopping board, knife, colander
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed) salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, gluten
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Cook the potatoes: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain the potatoes through a colander. Roughly crush in a bowl with a little extra chopped parsley, lemon juice and salt.
2. Make the peperonata: Slice the onions thinly. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onions with half of the salsa verde base for five minutes or until translucent. Slice the capsicums thinly. Add to the pan with the onions and cook a further 3 minutes or until capsicums have softened.
3. Make the salsa verde: Chop the remaining parsley finely. Combine with the remaining salsa verde mix in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon and a splash of oil.
4. Cook the Milanese: Heat a splash of oil in another medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the crumbed chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel before serving.
5. Serve up: Divide the potatoes between the serving plates. Top with the Milanese and peperonata. Serve with the salsa verde.