Chicken Milanesa, creamy polenta, blistered vegetables
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL
Dried herb mix
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Medium sized saucepan
Medium sized frying pan
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Wheat, yeast, gluten, dairy, onion
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Roughly chop the capsicum and half of the onion.
2. Cook the milanese: Heat a generous splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the milanese and cook for one minute then add the roughly chopped capsicum and onion. Further cook the chicken for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through and the vegetables are blistered. Remove the vegetables from the pan but cook the chicken more if necessary. Remove the chicken and rest on a paper towel.
3. Cook the polenta: Meanwhile, add the polenta into a saucepan with enough salted water to cover. Place the saucepan over a medium heat. Stir and add water as it thickens to the desired consistency. Cook the polenta for around 5 minutes or until soft and creamy adding more water when needed. Stir the cheese into the polenta. Season well to taste.
4. Make the salsa: Thinly slice the remaining onion and finely dice the tomato and coriander.
5. Prepare to serve: Sprinkle the herb mix and a little salt over the chicken and vegetables.
6. To serve: Divide the polenta, chicken milanese and the blistered vegetables between the plates. Top with the salsa.