Chicken Milanesa, creamy polenta, blistered vegetables
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL
- Crumbed chicken
- Grated cheese
- Spice mix
- Red onion
- Preheat a pan over a medium heat. Add a generous splash of vegetable or grapeseed oil to the pan and heat.
- In a pot, add the polenta and enough water to cover the polenta. Transfer the pot to the stove over a medium heat. Continue to stir and add water as it thickens until desired consistency is reached.
- Cut the capsicum and half the onion into big chunks.
- Add the chicken to the pan, as well as the capsicum and onion. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes each side.
- Thinly slice the remaining onion, then dice the tomato and coriander.
- Check on the polenta, adding more water if needed. Add the cheese to the polenta and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Once the capsicum and onion have blistered, remove them from the pan.
- Once chicken has browned nicely on each side, remove it from the pan and transfer to a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Add some spice mix to the chicken and the vegetables and season with salt.
- To plate up, begin with a bed of polenta. Add the chicken milanesa and blistered vegetables. Garnish with the thinly sliced onion and tomato.
Vegetarian: Crumbed mushroom is provided. Cook as per the recipe.
For downloadable pdf version, click here.