Chicken gyros, mint yoghurt, salad
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Chicken maryland fillet
Gyros spice mix
Pita (use 1/2 supplied)
Cucumber (use 1/3 supplied)
Tomato (use 1/2 supplied)
Red onion (use 1/2 supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium frying pan, knife, chopping board, lined baking tray
PANTRY STAPLES: Oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Preheat the oven to 210C fan forced.
2. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Dice the tomato. Dice the cucumber. Slice the onion.
3. Cook the chicken: Combine the chicken with a third of the yogurt and the spice mix. Stack the chicken together and place on a baking tray. Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes and cook until brown on the outside and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven and slice thinly. Preheat a frying pan over high heat, add pan juices from the chicken, then cook the chicken, stirring for 5 minutes or until browned.
4. Heat the pita: Heat and soften the pitas directly over a gas flame or in a frying pan.
5. To serve: Divide the pitas between serving plates. Top with the chicken, cucumber, tomato, onion and remaining mint yogurt.