Chicken curry with cauliflower, beans & basmati rice
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW .
Goan curry paste
Allergens: Onion, garlic
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Finely chop the onions. Pick the curry leaves. Finely chop the tomatoes. Separate the cauliflower into florets. Cut the beans into 5cm pieces. Cut the chicken into 2cm dice.
2. Cook the rice: Place the rice in a bowl and wash with cold water. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve.
3. Cook the curry: Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions, cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until the onions are well browned. Add the turmeric, curry paste and curry leaves and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Reduce the heat to low and add the coconut cream and tomato. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the sauce has deepened in colour. Add the chicken and cauliflower, cook, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the beans and simmer for 1 minute.
4. Toast the coconut: Meanwhile, toast the coconut in a dry frying pan over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the coconut is crisp and browned. Be careful not to burn the coconut.
5. To serve: Divide the rice and curry between serving plates. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut.