Chicken a la plancha, pasta salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Red onion (use ½ supplied)
Green capsicum (use ½ supplied)
Parsley (use ½ supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Flat char grill, barbecue or frying pan, saucepan, sieve or colander, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, wheat, gluten
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Preheat the oven to 210C fan forced.
2. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Dice the capsicums. Dice the tomatoes. Dice the onions. Chop the parsley.
3. Cook the chicken: Preheat a flat grill, barbecue or frying pan over medium heat. Drizzle the chicken with a little oil. Place the chicken skin side down. Place a heavy pan on the chicken to flatten it. Cook for 10 minutes each side or until cooked through.
4. Cook the pasta: Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Put the pasta in the boiling water. Boil for 2 minutes or until almost cooked through.
5. Make the chimichurri: Combine the sliced parsley with the chimichurri base.
6. Make the pasta salad: Combine the pasta with the diced onions, capsicums, tomatoes and a couple of spoons of the mixed chimichurri.
7. To serve: Place the chicken onto serving plates. Top with the remaining chimichurri. Serve with the pasta salad.