Cheese kransky, curry wurst sauce with onion, cabbage & apple salad, pretzel
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Cheese kransky (use all)
Curry wurst sauce (use all)
Red cabbage (½ supplied)
Apple (½ supplied)
White onion (½ supplied)
Parsley (use all)
Lemon (½ supplied)
Pretzel (half per person)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized saucepan, medium sized frying pan or char grill, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Dairy, gluten, yeast, wheat
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree fan forced.
2. Cook the sausage and the onion: Preheat a char grill pan (or frying pan or barbecue). Roughly cut the onions into large chunks. Combine the onions and sausages in a bowl with a little oil then place in the pan over low to medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are charred. Cook the sausages for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
3. Prepare the salad: Slice the apples and cabbage thinly. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the apples and cabbage for 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the charred onions. Remove from the pan. Roughly chop the parsley. Combine all the ingredients with a squeeze of lemon.
4. Heat the pretzel: Place in the preheated oven for 3 minutes.
5. To serve: Spread the curry sauce on serving plates, top with the sausages. Serve the salad and the pretzel on the side.