Chargrilled pumpkin, black beans, rice, pineapple salsa
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 25 MINS
Black beans (⅓ of supplied)
Corn (2/3 of supplied)
White onion (⅓ of supplied)
Coriander (½ of supplied)
Jalapeño chilli (½ of supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized saucepan, char grill pan, frying pan or barbecue, colander or strainer, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic, dairy
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
We have included chilli in this dish. Please only use as much as you want.
1. Preheat a char grill pan
2. Cook the butternut squash: Slice the butternut squash into thick slices. Combine the marinade and a little oil, spread over the butternut squash. Cook on a preheated pan over medium heat, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the pan.
3. Prepare the corn and pineapple: Wash the produce. Peel and cut the pineapple into wedges, remove the core. Carefully peel the husk away from the corn and pull the hair off the corn, wash well. Cook the corn and pineapple on the char grill pan with the butternut squash. Cook the pineapple for 5 minutes. Cook the corn for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Prepare the rice: Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve. Stir through the black beans before serving.
5. Make the salsa: Finely chop the onion, jalapeño and coriander. Chop the charred pineapple.
Combine the pineapple, the jalapeno, half of the onion and half of the coriander with a pinch of salt.
6. To serve: Divide the beans and rice, butternut squash and salsa between serving plates. Top with the remaining onion and coriander. Serve the grilled corn with citrus butter on top.