Chickpea & cauliflower korma curry with coriander rice & cashews
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Korma curry paste
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt, white sugar, vinegar (white or white wine)
Allergens: Garlic, nut (cashew), onion
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Roughly chop half the tomatoes. Thinly slice the remaining tomatoes. Thinly slice the onions. Roughly chop the coriander leaves. Break the cauliflower into florets and then cut them into similar sized small pieces.
2. Cook the curry: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the cashews, curry paste and the chopped tomatoes for 5 minutes or until tomatoes soften. Reduce the heat to low then add the coconut cream, cauliflower and chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked and the curry thickens slightly. Season to taste.
3. Make the pickle: Place the onion in a bowl with a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and a splash of vinegar. Let sit for 10 minutes then stir through the sliced tomatoes.
4. Cook the rice: Place the rice in a bowl and wash with cold water 3 times. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve. Stir through most of the chopped coriander and a pinch of salt.
5. To serve: Divide the coriander rice, korma and the pickle between serving plates. Sprinkle with any remaining coriander.