Carne asada tacos, tomato salsa, Mexican chopped salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 20 MINS
Small flour tortillas
Capsicum - any colour (½ of supplied)
Tomato (½ of supplied)
White onion (⅓ of supplied)
Jalapeño chilli (½ of supplied)
Coriander (½ of supplied)
Lemon or lime (½ of supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: 2 medium sized frying pan or char grill, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic, gluten, wheat
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
We have included chilli in this dish. Please only use as much as you want.
1. Prepare the salsa: Wash the vegetables. Take the cheeks off half of the capsicum and remove the seeds from half of the chilli. Halve the onion and tomato (the remainder will be used for the salad). Heat a pan. Cook the prepared vegetables and garlic, with no oil, for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are charred all over and softened. Remove the garlic from the skin. Finely chop or blend all the charred ingredients together with a squeeze of lime and a good pinch of salt.
2. Make the salad: Finely chop the cucumber and the remaining onion, remaining capsicum, and remaining tomato into 1cm cubes. Finely chop the remaining jalapeno. Finely chop half of the washed coriander. Combine all the ingredients with a squeeze of lime or lemon and a pinch of salt.
3. Cook the beef: Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the beef for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan. Slice the beef and toss through the spice mix. Return to the pan to warm through the spices.
4. Warm the tortillas: Heat and soften the tortillas directly over a gas flame or in a frying pan.
5. To serve: Serve all the components separately on the table. Build your own tacos from the tortillas, salad, salsa, beef and fresh coriander.