Butter chicken, chaat masala almonds, basmati rice
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 15 MINS
Chicken Maryland fillet
Chaat masala almonds
Cucumber (⅓ supplied)
Coriander (⅓ supplied)
Red onion (⅓ supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized saucepan, Medium frying pan, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Dairy, almond, cashew, onion, garlic
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the onion. Slice the cucumber into rounds. Slice the carrots into matchstick-sized pieces. Cut the coriander into 5cm pieces. Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
2. Cook the butter chicken: Combine the chicken with a little of the butter chicken sauce. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the remainder of the sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes over low heat or until the chicken is cooked through. Add a splash of water if the sauce has reduced more than you like.
3. Cook the rice: Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve. Fluff with a fork, cover with a tea towel and set aside.
4. Make the salad: Mix the red onion, carrot and cucumber together.
5. To serve: Divide the rice and butter chicken between the bowls. Top with the chaat masala almonds and the coriander. Serve with the salad.