Bruschetta three ways
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Zucchini (use ½ of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Large frying pan, medium saucepan, colander or sieve, knife, chopping board
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grapeseed), salt
ALLERGENS: Char grill pan, medium frying pan, mixing bowl, chopping board, knife
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash all the vegetables. Halve and slice the zucchini very thinly. Dice the tomatoes. Dice the eggplant. Pick the basil leaves. Tear the bocconcini in half.
2. Cook the bread: Preheat a char grill pan. Spread a little oil from the caponata mix on the bread and grill briefly on each side until slightly charred.
3. Marinate the zucchini: Spoon a little of the liquid from the caponata mix over the zucchini. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Make the caponata: Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the eggplant for 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Add half of the tomato and most of the caponata mix and cook a further 2 minutes.
5. Make the tomato bruschetta: Place the remaining tomato over a third of the bread. Top with the bocconcini and some of the basil leaves.
6. Make the zucchini bruschetta: Place the marinated zucchini over a third of the bread. Top with a little of the bocconcini and a little of the caponata mix.
7. Make the caponata bruschetta: Place the caponata over a third of the bread. Top with some of the basil leaves.