Smoked Beef Brisket
MASTERCLASS INGREDIENT BOX RECIPE | COOK: 20MINS
Potato (½ of supplied)
Brown onion (½ of supplied)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: Medium frying pan, medium saucepan, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grapeseed)
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Reheat the brisket: Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Keep the brisket in the bag and drop the bag into the boiling water. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes or until the brisket is warmed through. *Please note the brisket is already completely cooked, this is just a gentle way to reheat, keeping it moist and delicious!
2. Make the hash: Meanwhile, thinly slice the potato and onion and season well. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the potato and onion, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add ¼ of the mustard dressing and some of the dill.
3. Make the slaw: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the cabbage, red onion and carrot. Roughly chop half of the dill. Combine the cabbage, red onion, carrot and dill with the remaining mustard dressing and a sprinkle of salt
4. Get ready to serve: Remove the brisket from the pot of water. Remove it from the bag and slice in 1cm slices.
5. To serve: Divide the brisket, slaw, potatoes and bbq sauce between the serving plates.