Braised Leek & White Beans
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO.
- Cous cous
- White bean mix
- Spice mix
- Preheat a splash of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Boil some water in a kettle.
- Begin by cutting off the whites of the leeks and discarding the greens. Remove the first layer of the whites and discard.
- Add the leeks to the pan. Continue to check on them as they cook to ensure they colour nicely on each side.
- In a bowl, cover the cous cous with boiling water and set aside to soak.
- Add the bean mix to the leeks in the pan, then reduce the heat to low. Place a lid on the pan and leave to braise for 10 minutes.
- Thinly chop the parsley and the walnuts. Mix them together with some feta and spice mix – ensuring to keep some of the feta and spice mix for plating up.
- Strain the cous cous, then add it to the parsley salad. Season the salad with some olive oil and salt.
- To plate up, begin with the braised leek, followed by some salad. Garnish with feta and spice mix.
For downloadable pdf version, click here.