Beef Tepi Kofta, broccoli tabouli, tahini, flatbread
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO.
Beef kofta mix
Garlic tahini (½ supplied)
Red onion (½ supplied)
Parsley (½ supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: Lined baking tray, large frying pan, chopping board, knife, paper towel
ALLERGENS: Onion, yeast, wheat, gluten, sesame, garlic, walnut
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Cook the skewers: Using wet hands, press a portion of the mince mix along each skewer. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the skewers for 10 minutes or until brown on all sides. Remove from the pan. Rest for a few minutes. Before serving, reheat the pan and cook the skewers for a few minutes before to heat through.
2. Char the capsicum: Place the capsicum directly over the flame to char the skin. Take off the flame and carefully remove the skin. Cut the capsicum into thin strips.
3. Prepare the salad: Wash the vegetables. Grate (or finely chop) the broccoli. Finely chop the onion, walnuts and parsley. Squeeze lemon over the vegetables with a splash of olive oil. Combine with the roasted capsicum.
4. Heat the flatbread: Heat the pita over a gas flame or in a frying pan.
5. To serve: Divide the skewers and salad between the serving plates. Serve with the flatbread and garlic tahini.