Beef Tepi Kofta
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO.
- Beef kofta mix
- Garlic tahini
- Red onion
- To prepare the kofta skewers, wet your hands and press a portion of the mince mix onto each skewer, creating a sausage shape.
- Add a splash of your preferred oil into a pan over a medium heat. Add the skewers to the pan, they will take 3-4 minutes each side to cook.
- Place the capsicum over an open flame on a medium heat. Continue to turn it around every few minutes. This chars the outside skin so it is easy to remove while still cooking through the capsicum.
- To prepare the salad, grate the broccoli and thinly dice the red onion. Roughly chop the walnuts and parsley. Season with lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- Remove the capsicum from the heat and leave to cool slightly. Remove the skin, running it under water will help if you are having trouble.
- Cut the capsicum into 1cm strips and add to the salad.
- Toast the flatbread over an open flame, flipping it to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- To plate up, begin with the folded flatbread. Add a generous portion of the broccoli salad, followed by the kofta skewers. Serve with a bowl of garlic tahini for the table to share.
Vegetarian: Lentil kofta mix is provided. Portion onto skewers and cook as per the recipe.
For downloadable pdf version, click here.