Grilled beef tacos with roasted tomato salsa, tortillas & coriander
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE SOON.
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
Allergens: Onion, garlic, wheat, gluten
Specialised equipment: Blender (optional)
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Chop the coriander. Cut the onions in half. Cut the tomatoes in half. Cut the jalapenos in half. Peel the garlic. Cut the lime into wedges. Slice the beef into even steak portions.
2. Make the roasted tomato salsa: Heat a dry frying pan over high heat. Cook the onions, tomatoes, jalapenos and garlic for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are charred all over and softened. Finely chop or blend half of each ingredient together with a squeeze of half the lime and a pinch of salt. Season to taste.
3. Make the fresh tomato salsa: Once cooled, cut the remaining tomatoes, onions and jalapenos into a small dice. Add to a bowl along with half of the coriander, the remaining lime and a pinch of salt. Season to taste.
4. Heat the tortillas: Heat and soften the tortillas directly over a gas flame or in a frying pan. Keep warm by wrapping in a tea towel or in a low oven.
5. Cook the beef: Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the beef, for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and rest for 5 minutes. Slice the beef and toss through the spice mix. Return to the pan to warm though the spices for about 1 minute.
6. To serve: Build your own tacos from the tortillas, salad, salsa, beef and remaining coriander.