Beef kebab, baba ghanoush, tahini
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 20 MINS
Tahini (⅓ of supplied)
Parsley (½ of supplied)
Red onion (⅓ of supplied)
Tomato (½ of supplied)
Lemon (½ of supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized frying pan or char grill or barbecue, Chopping board, Knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Sesame, onion, wheat, yeast, gluten, garlic
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Char the eggplant: Place the eggplant directly over a high gas flame. If you don’t have a gas stove you can char the eggplant on a barbecue or in a very hot oven. Turn it often to cook evenly. Remove the charred skin once cooked.
2. Cook the kebab: Preheat a char grill pan, frying pan or barbecue. Cut the beef into large pieces and thread onto skewers. Lightly oil the skewers and place into the grill pan. Cook for 3 minutes per side or until the beef is cooked to your liking.
3. Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Finely chop the tomato, the onion, and half of the parsley. Mix to combine.
4. Heat the pita: Heat the pita on the char grill pan or directly over a gas flame for 1 minute or until warmed and softened.
5. Finish cooking the kebabs: Carefully remove the rind from the lemon. Finely chop the lemon rind with the garlic and a good pinch of salt. Place the kebabs on top of the lemon and garlic mix.
6. Make the baba ghanoush: Chop the charred eggplant with half of the tahini and half of the tomato salad. Season to taste.
7. To serve: Divide the kebabs, baba ghanoush, pickles, remaining tomato salad and pita bread between serving plates.