Beef burger with the lot, fries
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Bacon (Please note this is packed together with the ham for the parmigiana dish)
Dutch cream potato
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Flat grill or BBQ or frying pan, frying pan, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Onion, dairy, wheat, gluten, yeast, egg
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
In the video Charlie cooked most components on a flat grill. If you do not have this you could use the flat part of the barbecue or in a couple frying pans.
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash all the vegetables. Peel then cut potatoes into 2cm thick slices then further cut the slices into 2cm thick chips. Wash to remove the starch and dry well. Thinly slice the lettuce. Slice the tomato into thin rounds. Slice half of the onion into thin rounds. Finely chop the remaining onion into a small dice. Peel and cut the pineapple into thin slices. Halve the buns.
2. Make the chips: Heat a generous splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chips, turning often, for 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Move the chips around the pan while cooking, turning. Drain the chips on absorbent paper before serving, sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
3. Make the relish: Preheat a flat grill over high heat. Place half of the diced onion and half of the tomato onto a flagrill or in a frying pan over high heat. Cook the tomato and onion for 5 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Sprinkle a little sugar over the vegetables (approximately half a teaspoon per person). Cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the sugar caramelises. Remove from the heat.
4. Cook the remaining ingredients: Reduce the flat grill to medium heat. Place the bacon on the flat grill. Cook for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat onto absorbent paper. Toast the buns cut side down on the flat grill for 2 minutes or until toasted lightly. Make space on the grill. Add a little oil if needed and break the eggs. Cook for a couple minutes or until cooked to your liking.
5. Cook the burger: Divide the beef mince into portions (one per person). Place the burger into the frying pan (or flat grill) over high heat. Press to flatten using a small saucepan lid or spatula. Sprinkle with some salt. Place the diced onion on top of the burger before turning over. Cook until brown on both sides. Place the cheese on top of the burger to melt.
6. To serve: Divide the buns between the serving plates. Spread the beetroot sauce and top with the pineapple, lettuce, tomato, the burger patty with cheese, bacon, the tomato relish, onion rings and an egg. Serve with the chips.