MASTERCLASS INGREDIENT BOX RECIPE | COOK: 15MINS
1. Marinated beef
2. Corn Flour Mix
1. Red onion
1. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Cut the potatoes into segments and add to the water, boiling for 6 minutes.
2. Rinsing the pot out, refill it with water and add the rice. Boil for 8 minutes, ensuring to taste test prior to straining it.
3. To prepare the salsa, thinly slice the red onions and dice the tomato and coriander, then combine. Keep a quarter of the sliced onion aside to use in step 4.
4. In a large skillet over a medium heat, use a splash of your preferred oil and add the potatoes and sliced onion to the pan. Think of this as a cheat’s way to crispy baked potatoes – so we are looking to brown them.
5. Carefully open the marinated beef bag, removing the pieces of beef from the bag into a bowl – keep the marinade as it will be used later.
6. Pour the corn flour onto a plate, then evenly coat each beef piece in it and transfer to another plate.
7. Remove potatoes from skillet onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Add a generous amount of oil to the pan and increase the heat to high. Add in the beef, ensuring not to overpopulate the pan and cause the meat to stew. We want to brown the meat nicely here, the corn starch will give it a nice, thin layer of crunch.
8. Once all the meat is browned, add the potatoes and marinade to the pan - allow the marinade to coat everything.
9. To plate up, begin with a serving of rice and add the beef, potato and onion mix beside it. Garnish with the freshly chopped salad and season with salt to taste.
Vegetarian/vegan: Mushrooms are provided. Use as per the recipe.
Pescatarian: Diced salmon is provided, use as per the recipe but add to the pan after potatoes as the salmon won’t take as long to cook as the beef.