Lomo Saltado, beef stir fry, potatoes, rice
PLEASE NOTE THESE VIDEOS WERE FILMED WHEN WE OFFERED FULL RECIPES. USE THEM AS A GUIDE AND REFER TO WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Five spiced corn starch
Red onion (1/2 of supplied)
Potato (1/3 of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium saucepan, large frying pan, bowl and plate, chopping board, knife, colander or sieve
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed) salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, gluten
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Partially cook the potatoes: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cut the potatoes into chunky, chip sized pieces. Cook in the boiling water for 6 minutes. Strain the potatoes and set aside.
2. Cook the rice: Bring the same saucepan to the boil again. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for approximately 8 minutes until cooked. Strain through a sieve.
3. Make the salsa: Wash the vegetables. Slice the red onions thinly. Dice the tomato and coriander. Combine most of the onions and all of the tomato and coriander in a bowl.
4. Crisp the potatoes: Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan. Cook the par-boiled potatoes and reserved onions until potatoes are brown and crisp. Remove from the pan.
5. Cook the beef: Remove the beef from the marinade, reserve for later use. Place the corn starch onto a plate and coat each piece of beef in the starch. Reheat the frying pan with a generous splash of oil. Cook the beef in batches until cooked to your desired doneness and brown all over. Return beef, potatoes and marinade to the pan, mix to combine all ingredients.
6. To serve up: Place rice on a plate, put beef stir fry on the side and scatter salsa over the top.