BBQd barramundi with grilled zucchini, garlic butter & mango salsa
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Allergens: Dairy, garlic, onion, fish
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
Specialised Equipment: Char grill, barbecue or frying pan
Note: This dish can be cooked on the barbecue. The barramundi can be cooked on the flat grill side.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Bring the butter up to room temperature. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1cm slices. Cut the lemon into wedges. Peel and cut the mango into a small dice. Cut the tomatoes into a small dice. Thinly slice the spring onion greens on a diagonal. Slice the spring onion whites into thin rounds. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Finely chop the parsley.
2. Make the garlic butter: Combine the soft butter, garlic, half of the parsley and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
3. Make the salad: Combine the mango, spring onion whites, tomatoes and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well.
4. Cook the zucchini: Preheat a char grill, barbecue or frying pan over high heat. Lightly oil the zucchini and place on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes each side, or until just tender.
5. Cook the barramundi: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the fish skin side down. Put a piece of baking paper on the fish and place a weight on top, such as a lid or a plate. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook the fish for 5 minutes on the skin side or until the skin releases from the pan. Remove the weight and baking paper. Gently flip the fish and continue cooking on the other side for an additional 2 minutes, or until the fish is cooked. Remove the fish from the pan.
6. To serve: Divide the zucchini between the serving plates. Top with the salad, spring onion greens and the barramundi. Add a spoon of garlic butter onto the fish. Serve with the lemon wedges.