Barramundi Vindaloo curry with roti, tomato & coriander
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
2 barramundi fillets
1 vindaloo curry paste sachet
1 small tomato polpa
1 red onion
1 long red chilli
1 coriander bunch
Allergens: Garlic, wheat, gluten, onion, fish
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt, vinegar (cider or malt preferred), black pepper (ground or cracked)
Chef's notes: Vindaloo is a Southern Indian curry that usually contains tomatoes, vinegar and black pepper. For this dish we have included a paste from Island Curries, a Tasmanian business making authentic curry pastes using traditional ingredients.
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the capsicum. Finely chop half of the onion and thinly slice the remainder. Cut the tomato into thin wedges. Thinly slice the chilli into rounds. Pick the leaves of the coriander. Remove the skin from the barramundi and cut into 3 large pieces.
2. Cook the onion and the curry paste: Heat a splash of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and cook for 10 minutes or until dark brown in colour. Add the curry paste and cook for an additional minute.
3. Cook the tomato polpa and the chilli: Add the tomato polpa and chilli* to the same pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. * Add chilli to taste
4. Cook the barramundi: Add the fish and simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Make the salad: Meanwhile, combine the sliced onion, capsicum, tomato and coriander leaves.
6. Season the curry: Taste the curry and add salt, black pepper and vinegar, if needed.
7. Cook the roti: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the roti, in batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden.
8. To serve: Divide the vindaloo fish curry between serving dishes. Top with the salad and serve with the roti.