Adana kebab, laffah, garlic yogurt
DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Turkish pepper flakes
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic, wheat, gluten
SPECIALISED EQUIPMENT: Char grill pan
1. Preheat a char grill pan.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the onions. Slice half of the capsicums. Finely chop the remaining capsicums. Cut the lemon into wedges. Roughly chop the parsley. Crush or finely chop the garlic.
3. Make the kebab: Combine the lamb mince, finely chopped capsicums, half of the garlic, half of the pepper flakes, sweet paprika and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well to combine. Using wet hands, shape the lamb mixture into oval shapes, 3 per person. Lightly coat the koftas with the cooking oil. Place the koftas onto the preheated char grill pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Make the salad: Place the onions in a bowl with the remaining pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. Rub the pepper flakes and salt into the onions and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the parsley and sliced capsicums to the onions.
5. Make the garlic yoghurt: Combine the remaining garlic and the yoghurt in a small bowl.
6. Warm the laffa: Heat the laffa directly over a gas flame, in an oven or in a frying pan, until soft and warmed through.
7. To serve: Divide the laffa between the serving plates. Top with the kebabs, salad and garlic yoghurt. Serve with the lemon wedges.